facebook Maxing Out

Instagram Positive Thinking Doctor

Twitter Dr. David J. Abbott

Pinterest Dr. David Abbott

Google Plus

Linked In Dr. David J. Abbott M.D.



Get the latest unscientific weather information and predictions from the soon to be famous Dave Meteoro-illogical Organization

Dang Wangi.

We may be entering a La Niña Event.

The El Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO) monitors sea temperatures and other variables using an array of geostationary Triton weather buoys that stretch from Galapagos to French Polynesia and beyond. The information from these buoys helps the World Meteorological Organization figure out whether we are in an El Niño, La Niña, or ENSO neutral year.

The answer to that question reveals whether there will be drought or massive rainfall in different parts of the world. It also determines whether hurricane season will be active or slow, and whether it will be most active in the western Atlantic or eastern Pacific.

The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) made the following report:

“The tropical Pacific has been ENSO-neutral since July 2019. Near-to-above-average sea surface temperatures were observed from October 2019 until April 2020, after which temperatures returned to near-average levels.”

“Current observations show below-average sub-surface water temperatures in the tropical Pacific, suggesting a likely tendency towards further decreases in sea surface temperature, with some chance of approaching La Niña thresholds during the second half of 2020.”

“Model predictions and expert opinion indicate a 60% chance of ENSO-neutral conditions continuing during June-August 2020, while that for La Niña is 30% and for El Niño is 10%. For the September-November 2020 season, the chance for ENSO-neutral is 50%, and that for La Niña is 40% and for El Niño is 10%.”

The Dave Meteoro-illogical Organization is closely following the reports of the WMO.

Here is the report of the Dave Meteoro-illogical Organization:

“So far, so good.”

“No storms yet in the Sea of Cortez.”

“I hope our good fortune continues.”

I realize the Dave report is weak on data and strong on hope, but what the heck. We are now living in a science optional world.

The only data I have is the following:

When I jump into the waters of the Sea of Cortez - they are cool to cold which possibly is a sign of a La Niña Event.

There have been eight named storms in the western Atlantic and only four named storms in the eastern Pacific so far this year.

The Dave Meteoro-illogical Organization is making the following prediction:

“We are entering a weak La Niña Event, and God willing (I am told storms are an act of God) we will have good weather in the Sea of Cortez for at least the next week.”

I realize I am going out on a limb on this one, but that’s my prediction, and I am sticking to it.

I just love a science optional world!

Weatherman Dave
Dave Meteoro-illogical Organization

Dr. Dave

Captain Dave - David J. Abbott M.D.





Exit Only

See what it's like for a family to sail around the world on a small catamaran

Captain Save Our Souls

Awesome music video that captures the essence of what it's like to sail offshore in a catamaran around the world when conditions are less than perfect. David Abbott from Too Many Drummers sings the vocals, and he also edited the footage from our Red Sea adventures. This is the theme song from the Red Sea Chronicles.

Red Sea Blues

Sailing up the Red Sea is not for the faint of heart. From the Bab al Mandeb to the Suez Canal, adventures and adversity are in abundance. If you take things too seriously, you just might get the Red Sea Blues.

Red Sea Chronicles Trailer

If you like drum beats, and you like adventure, then have a listen to the Red Sea Chronicles Trailer.

Red Sea Chronicles Episode 1 - When Flying Fish Attack

Flying fish assault Exit Only in the middle of the night as we sail through the Arabian Gulf from the Maldives to Oman. And so begins our Red Sea adventures.

Red Sea Chronicles Episode 2 - Pirate Alley

Sailing through Pirate Alley between Yemen and Somalia involves calculated risk. It may not be Russian Roulette, but it is a bit of a worry. Follow Team Maxing Out as they navigate through Pirate Alley.

Red Sea Chronicles Episode 3 - Aden, Yemen

Stopping in Yemen was just what the doctor ordered. We refueled, repaired our alternator, and we made friends with our gracious Yemeni hosts. We also went to Baskins Robbins as a reward for surviving Pirate Alley.

Red Sea Chronicles Episode 4- Gate of Sorrows and Sandstorms

After you survive Pirate Alley, you must sail through the Gate of Sorrows (Bab Al Mandab) at the southern entrance to the Red Sea. The Gate of Sorrows lived up to its name with fifty knots of wind and a sandstorm that pummeled Exit Only for two days. Life is good.

Patreon - Maxing Out

Captain Dave and his family spent eleven years sailing around the world on their Privilege 39 catamaran, Exit Only. During the trip, the crew shot 200 hours of video with professional cameras to show people what it's like to sail on a small boat around the world.

The Red Sea Chronicles is a one hour and twenty-two minute feature film showing their adventures as Exit Only sails through Pirate Alley in the Gulf of Aden and up the Red Sea. The professional footage documents their experiences in Oman, Yemen, Eritrea, Sudan, Egypt, and the Suez Canal. It chronicles the rigors of traveling in a remote section of the world rarely visited by cruisers. Exit Only dodges Yemeni pirates, fights a gale and sand storms in the Bab al Mandeb at the southern entrance to the Red Sea. The crew explores deserted islands on the western shores of the Red Sea, and learns to check the cruising guides for land mines before venturing ashore.

The Red Sea Chronicles also has outstanding Special Features including an Instructional Video on Storm Management that tells sailors how to deal with storms at sea.

And don't forget the two Music Videos: "The Red Sea Blues", and "Captain - Save Our Souls".

The Red Sea Chronicles is a first class adventure that stokes the sailing dreams of both experienced and wannabe sailors alike.


    Team Maxing Out Sails Around The World On Their 39 Foot Catamaran

    Join Team Maxingout as they sail through Pirate Alley and up the Red Sea


    Give your dream machine a shot in the arm

    See what it's like to cruise on a catamaran before you spend a bazillion dollars purchasing one


    View the storm management video to learn how Captain Dave dealt with storms at sea

    After watching the Red Sea Chronicles you will be able to see yourself sailing on the ocean of your dreams

Red Sea Chronicles

Save A Tree Bookstore

Although I like the feel of a paper book in my hand, I love trees even more. When people purchase an eBook, they actually save trees and save money as well. Ebooks are less expensive and have no negative impact on the environment. All of Dr. Dave's books are available at Save A Tree Bookstore. Visit the bookstore today and start putting good things into your mind. It's easy to fill your mind with positive things using eBooks. No matter where you are or what you are doing, you can pull out your smart phone or tablet and start reading. You can even use electronic highlighters and make annotations in your eBooks just like paper books.